- When you are well-informed your negotiation moves forward and unnecessary delays are avoided
- If financial issues are not handled properly, then unnecessary disputes can result in expensive litigation.
- Smartsettle Family Mediators are experienced with asset and liability division as well as child and spousal support issues.
- Smartsettle Family use of Affiliated Professionals avoids misunderstandings that produce expensive delays.
A Financial Advisor is Qualified to:
- Identify the effects of property division options
- Integrate tax consequences
- Analyze pension and retirement plan options
- Help determine which party could afford the matrimonial home (or an affordable alternative)
- Evaluate insurance needs
- Establish assumptions for estimating present value
Financial Advisors are important to the Smartsettle process in assisting parties to preserve economic value in their agreement. They are able to help clients understand very complex situations, while offering independent advice on important financial decisions.
Financial Advisors and the Mediation Process
It is common to ask parties to do some homework between negotiation sessions. The homework may require parties to take one or more matters to their financial advisor for direction or advice. Smartsettle Family is pleased to be affiliated with Kevin Gebert of Greenrock Financial Group who is available to offer financial advice and support to anyone negotiating their out-of-court Family Agreement using the services of the Smartsettle Centre for Family Resolutions.